Miniature Coca-Cola Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Not familiar with those so are they glass or plastic? I seem to remember when I was a kid, there was a wax shaped bottle you would get on the candy shelf that had a twist off tab top and came in a few different soda flavors. Or you would just chomp down on the wax bottle and have the contents explode into your mouth.
These are glass, I know the candies you're talking about and these are completely unrelated to those.

Oldsdigger

Reaction score
Mini Coke

KnottaCollector,
Wow so many in one find there that's amazing. I'm not sure if they were a promotional item or not. It is hard to find information on them. I found one in my collection from 20 years ago that I just unpacked ! with the same markings. From what i could find there was two markings, the diamond with the D and also a diamond with a 666 inside. One of these two was an Illinois bottle maker. Both of them dated around 1910 to mid 1920's. If you found 85 of them that is quite impressive little treasure you found. But I'd figure $10 isn't to bad to ask. You might want to put it in your watch page and see what it sell for or if it doesn't sell then he's asking to much. There are a lot of coke bottle collectors out There so I'm sure it is on one of their radars. Here is the one I have. Of course now I can't find it !!!! If you go to general chat about bottles and look up posts by Oldsdigger it is in one of my posts about the bottles I have been unboxing.

Took dog for a walk in the countryside. Found several tiny Coke bottles scattered about no more than 2" high and about the width of a nickel. Looks like someone dropped them or threw them out of a car. Some have markings on the bottom, for example one had a Diamond with a capital D. Don't think they are big enough to mix a drink with, don't seem like they would even hold an ounce. Anyone know what they would be used for? Are they common, worth anything? If I can figure out how to send pic I will.

Exactly like this one I found on Ebay...Guy on that site wants 10 bucks for one. I found 85 on my walk. 2 ½ inches high

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

Reaction score
Thanks Oldsdig. Not all the minis have anything on the bottom. I've only looked at a few and some have the diamond D + I did see one with 666, some had no markings. As I mentioned, went back to where I found original 85 and found 10 more. So far no word from anyone indicating they've lost the bottles.

Not being a collector I was wondering..... if I went to one of those bottle shows would someone there either tell me what they're worth or make an offer? If I was to sell the entire lot(95), what is your $ estimate? (wholesale or retail)

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Both of them dated around 1910 to mid 1920's.

What makes you think they're so early? All the ones I've seen looked like they dated to the 1950s, give or take ten years. I've never seen one that I thought was anywhere near 100 years old. Did you find them in an earlier dump?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Not being a collector I was wondering..... if I went to one of those bottle shows would someone there either tell me what they're worth or make an offer? If I was to sell the entire lot(95), what is your $ estimate? (wholesale or retail)

If you could sell them individually, they'd be worth somewhere in the vicinity of $300-$1000, depending on how many people are willing to pay a price as high as $10. But that's pretty time-consuming to do. To sell them as a lot you'd only be able to get a fraction of that. You might be able to find a buyer for them at a bottle show but I'm not sure how many collectors would want to try to resell all of them, since it can be hard to sell a whole bunch of one bottle unless you're selling at a low price in a very high-traffic spot. I've found that even selling regular embossed Coke bottles for $1 at a flea market can be difficult after a while if I've got too many. With anything, there's going to be a limited amount of buyers who want one.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Here's a mini Coke I've had since the early 70s. 3" tall and still has some Coke that hasn't evaporated yet. SS855104.jpgSS855103.jpg

bottle-bud

Reaction score
More miniature Coca-Cola

I have in my collection several miniature cokes. I have an 8 inch tall six ounce bottle next to the 3 inch tall miniatures as a comparison. Three of them have foreign languages on them that I did not try to identify. The second pictures shows a six bottle carton that was given to me as a gift years ago. The bottles were empty when purchased. The third picture show a commemorative bottle (also a gift) for the grand opening of the Ronald McDonald House in St. Louis. The bottle is full but I doubt Coca cola as the box states "The liquid inside this bottle is non-toxic". The other bottle in pic 3 is plastic and came from a toy of some sort, I can't remember exactly?

Attachments

• P1020296.jpg
    P1020296.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 310
  • P1020297.jpg
    P1020297.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 324
  • P1020298.jpg
    P1020298.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 318

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Bottle Bud - That mini Coke in your last pic above (on the yellow case) reminded me they once (1951 I think) came out with a lighter that was very much like that bottle. You would pull the halves apart and it was a small lighter. I used to have one but I traded it away.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp