McGirr Blue Seal Beverages - Niagara Falls Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
I picked these bottles up from a guy selling off a few of his dad's collectables. Because of the great graphics I fell in love with the bottles. Niagara Falls being so close to Crystal Beach makes me think back to he days of the beach rollercoasters and sitting in the sand enjoying a cold bottle of pop. Both are 10oz bottles. The light label bottle is Dominion glass from around 1953 the dark label is Consumers Glass from around 1961.
I have only seen a few of these and never a 30oz.
Blue Seal Front.jpgMcGirr reverse.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Those are fantastic graphics! I've somehow missed being aware of this bottle's existence until now.

JKL

Reaction score
My research shows they were based out of Niagara Falls. They were last bottled by Niagara Dry.
I dont know much about their origins. Plan on digging in to find out.

JKL

Reaction score
Those four bottles are fantastic. This forum is amazing for learning more!
So are these local bottles to SD? There was a bottler in Canada but don't know where the drink originated.

RCO

Reaction score
My research shows they were based out of Niagara Falls. They were last bottled by Niagara Dry.
I dont know much about their origins. Plan on digging in to find out.

there is no listing for Mcgirr Blue seal beverages in my book , but there are some listings which appear related . one for Hires Bottling co Niagara ltd - says a Herbert Mcgirr was president from 1955-1961 .
also a listing from st catherines for Irish Dry beverages ltd , says a H M Mcgirr was president from 1962-1965

so perhaps the Blue seal brand was just one brand and they were involved with bottling multiple products at that time

bigber4604

Reaction score
There isn't a town listed on any of these. I always thought they were Canadian bottles but don't know that for sure.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
There isn't a town listed on any of these. I always thought they were Canadian bottles but don't know that for sure.
Yeah those are Canadian, they all, except for the second from the left, use a common generic soda bottle design from the 50s.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp