A Couple of Nice Orange Crushes

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ACLbottles

Reaction score
I recently picked up two really nice Orange Crush bottles in a lot with some others. The first is a beautiful emerald green 28 oz. The base is embossed with Claremont / N. H. / Soda / Works, Inc. I believe these large green Orange Crushes are pretty scarce. A really nice-looking bottle!

IMG_3527.jpgIMG_3535.jpgIMG_3537.jpgIMG_3538.jpg

The next one is this 26 oz amber ACL Mae West style bottle. I believe this one is actually pretty rare. I think they were only made in Canada. I'm not very familiar with Canadian glass companies, but does the diamond on the base mean it's from the Dominion Glass Company? I'm a pretty big fan of this one too! Thanks for looking!

IMG_3529.jpgIMG_3530.jpgIMG_3532.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
Sorry about that, Canadacan. Should be fixed now!

Ahh there we go!....Beautiful examples!...the brown is not Canadian, and I'm not sure on the maker mark yet.

Oh and another interesting thing on the brown, note the lettering on Crush is solid!..it's a later transition style.

Last edited:

ACLbottles

Reaction score
Well thank you! That's very cool about the lettering!

Interesting, I've always heard the large amber Mae West bottles were only Canadian. I'm not familiar with the makers mark either.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Well thank you! That's very cool about the lettering!

Interesting, I've always heard the large amber Mae West bottles were only Canadian. I'm not familiar with the makers mark either.

So checking the guide the 26oz came in clear for USA and Canada, ..the amber was Canada only, Well this can't be from either then? Mexican possibly?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow, those are fantastic! I'd heard of large amber crinkly bottles but didn't know either of these two existed. I don't think I've ever seen a green Crush bottle in any size before, though I've seen pictures of the smaller ones. I know the small ones are pretty scarce so the large ones must be much scarcer.

bubbas dad

Reaction score
very nice. the amber may west type orange crush in that size is on my dream list. i have wanted one since i started collecting but the price has always been too steep.

ACLbottles

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! Canadacan, that's a good thought, I suppose it could be Mexican. There's no other writing or anything besides the Orange Crush on both sides, so I guess the only way to tell would be to identify the makers mark on the base.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any idea what the large amber ones usually sell for? I don't think I've ever actually seen one for sale. Thanks!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi