My smallest bottle yet! Kidney-Liver Pills

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hallibag

Reaction score
Found earlier today, a tiny sample bottle of Dr. Chase Kidney Liver Pills. I don't believe the bottle has ever been opened, as the cork is intact and there are two quack medicine pills inside. The label reads "Sample / Dr. Chase / Kidney-Liver / Pills / One Pill a Dose".

When would this date to, 1910-ish?

liv.jpg liv2.jpg liv3.jpg liv6.jpg liv5.jpg

botlguy

Reaction score
That's one I don't have in my "Free Sample" collection. It has been opened at one time because there are only two pills left. Is it Canadian? It probably dates to the first quarter if the 20th century.
Jim S

Hallibag

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize that there would have been three pills, originally, and yes, I do believe it's Canadian as it was found here in Ontario. As for the label, I'll carefully try the baking soda paste suggestion. Will let you know how it goes!

botlguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realize that there would have been three pills, originally, and yes, I do believe it's Canadian as it was found here in Ontario. As for the label, I'll carefully try the baking soda paste suggestion. Will let you know how it goes!
Actually I believe there were originally 4 pills due to the spacing. But, what does it really matter.
Jim S

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I wonder if that's the same Dr. Chase as the embossed Canadian patent med "Dr. Chase's Syrup Linseed & Turpentine" that I've got. It quite likely is.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
To start, try the paste in only one tiny unseen spot for now-- in case the label doesn't like it. I've had mixed results.

Ken_Riser

Reaction score
Found earlier today, a tiny sample bottle of Dr. Chase Kidney Liver Pills. I don't believe the bottle has ever been opened, as the cork is intact and there are two quack medicine pills inside. The label reads "Sample / Dr. Chase / Kidney-Liver / Pills / One Pill a Dose".

When would this date to, 1910-ish?

View attachment 182182 View attachment 182183 View attachment 182184 View attachment 182185 View attachment 182186
That's cool love my smalls I have bottles or square bottom test tubes or lab tubes they look just like that they date about 1890 never seen one of those better keep that I have alot Oklahoma finds Dr ....cure all's bottles they usually date to the traveling salesman days of the old west they are pretty rare alot stomach cures liver I think I have one it's solid black spooky looking bottle

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora