Donald Duck Cola - Unusual Pinkish Color - 1953?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Augusta GA

Reaction score
downsized_0408081157.jpg

I have a Donald Duck Cola bottle in excellent to possibly mint condition. The bottle is apparently dated 1953.

It has a slightly pinkish color to it; very unusual.

Can someone please suggest a value?

Thanks!

M.C.Glass

Reaction score
I can't believe what guys are asking for these Donald Ducks. $40-$50. I'm not sure they're selling many for that. Kids definitely like them. I don't believe the pink hue adds any value. A couple of full ones like your recently sold for 35 plus shipping. I don't know...

Augusta GA

Reaction score
Wow!

I was hoping it was worth maybe $8-10.

As a new collector, I am pretty clueless about values of bottles.

If anyone is aware of a soda reference book with values, please let me know.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I know the cone top can version can be worth a few hundred dollars. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm surprised they aren't worth more, I would have thought the cross-over appeal would drive it up. We've got Felix the Cat bottles up here that go for ridiculous prices, like several hundred dollars for the paper label ones despite not being particularly rare. I guess the Donald Duck bottles must be a lot more common, or Felix has more of a devoted collector base.

As for price guides, there are a lot of price guides out there but I've never seen one that was close to being correct. The good bottle guides are often decades old and when I had a modern Kovel's book several years back the prices tended to be completely fabricated, with common bottles listed as being worth $300 or so. For pricing the best resource is Ebay's "sold for" feature but otherwise it's more something you get a feel for over the years. Prices can fluctuate a lot, so it's always a rough guess what something will sell for anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu