New excavation

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RelicRaker

Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]Today's finds...
L: John Wyeth & Bro Apothecaries, 1412 Walnut Street, Philada.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]R: English-made stoneware, unstamped (possibly a master ink).
[/FONT]
Wyeth Apoth and stoneware ink.jpg

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow, that's by far the oldest Wyeth bottle I've ever seen. Does it have a pontil? If not it looks like it just missed having one.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
Just missed the pontil era. But does have the early Wyeth address. I'm guessing early 1870s.

Last edited:

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
Dude, you find more stuff turned up by construction sites than I thought possible after OSHA laws resulted in what used to be open lots now being totally buttoned up and inaccessible. Maybe in your area they don't care about fencing? Either way, great finds, and I'm totally jealous.

RelicRaker

Reaction score
The big excavation sites (office buildings, malls, and condos) are impossible to access, and I don't try. Individual rowhouse foundation digs are far less secure. A breezeway often is sufficient to access the tailing pile at the rear of the lot. And other lots are left totally open, sometimes for weeks.

hemihampton

Reaction score
The big excavation sites (office buildings, malls, and condos) are impossible to access, and I don't try. Individual rowhouse foundation digs are far less secure. A breezeway often is sufficient to access the tailing pile at the rear of the lot. And other lots are left totally open, sometimes for weeks.

Sounds like my neighborhood. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi