Canadian Bottlers Association - Looking for info on this bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
20180412_091317.jpg20180412_092002.jpg
This bottle came from a lot of bottles I purchased last fall. Great look but has no identifying marks or indication of age. Any info is appreciated.
Bottom has CBA then around the edge of the bottom "Canadian Bottlers Association Limited". This is a 6oz bottle.
View attachment 182357View attachment 182354View attachment 182355

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
seen this bottle several times before , also is featured on quebec bottle sites so seems to have been used there extensively as well .

not sure which bottlers used it , is no listing in my book for the Canadian bottlers association , so I'd wonder if they made the bottle but didn't actually bottle the product for sale ?

as for value ? it be limited market as there is no city or town name on it , that's what the collectors want and would pay more for , to get something from a specific town there interested in

I don't have this bottle myself and can't recall ever finding one in the wild or in a dump

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I don't remember seeing that particular design of it before. There's an earlier-looking one with a less art deco design I see more often. Looking online there's an even earlier one from the 10s or 20s that I've never seen.
Here's one with a label: http://www.bouteillesduquebec.com/t116-theo-laniel-valleyfield I'm guessing it was an association of smaller bottlers sharing resources so that they didn't have to rely on unembossed bottles which frequently weren't returned.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora