Senior Member Bottle Finder Old Wiltshire's Avatar

Postimage Issues

For those that use Postimage.
    -
    There have been some issues with the image hosting site Postimage.
    It now appears that a few days ago Postimage have changed their domain from Postimage.org to Postimage.cc
    I do not know why they have done this and there may be a good reason, however, the consequences appear to have been catastrophic.
    It has broken all the image links used before the date of this change. Their advice apparently is to repost the image links - this must run into the hundreds of millions worldwide!!
    -
    I personally have 3,337 images stored in 54 galleries with them. These have been linked to posts in a number of different forums with many of them duplicate posts.
    I haven't done an accurate count but it would mean I would have to repost in the region of 7,000 to 8,000 image links across these different forums to get the posts back as they were!!
    It can be done but it would obviously take some considerable time and I wonder if it is worth it.

Administrator Bottle Finder texkev's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads up
    Photobucket killed millions of images across loads of site as well charging for their third-party hosting, bummer deal.

I may be able to have web guy extract out the URLs of the images and fix them all. Will run some tests.

Administrator Bottle Finder texkev's Avatar
    Looks like many may redirect
    not sure if all do yet, still testing...