#4 Niagara River Buffalo NY

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pantherpawz99

Reaction score
This one measures 7 1/2" x 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" It says Zopesa Chemical Co. on one edge, Buffalo NY & Toronto Ont on the other edge. Any value?

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 3c.jpg
    3c.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 115

RCO

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the bottle was for , I can't recall seeing many bottles that had both Buffalo and Toronto embossed on the side , that part is odd

but as for value ? not really sure , doubt it be worth more than $20 dollars

RCO

Reaction score
if you search Zopesa chemical co in google a few results come up one is a newspaper ad from Toronto from 1896

says "teaberry for the teeth " a unique preparation , delightfully refreshing , thoroughly cleansing , perfectly harmless
prepared by the Zopesa Chemical co Toronto

also listed in a buffalo directory from 1884 as a " chemist and assayists " and " patent medicines " no idea what an assayist is and google doesn't seem to know either

but seems to be for some sort of solution people drank that cleaned there teeth , perhaps an early version of a Listerine type liquid maybe ?

Last edited:

pantherpawz99

Reaction score
That is very interesting, thank you. I did a little research, an assayist..."As a noun, assay means a test or appraisal to determine the components of a substance or object. As a verb, it refers to the act of analyzing, or of conducting that test. It is usually used in chemistry-related fields like metallurgy and pharmaceuticals, but you can also assay a poem."

In the old ad from the Canadian magazine, it says that product is a dentifrice, which means...."Toothpaste, or tooth powder. They are supplied in paste, powder, gel or liquid form"

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis