Wilson's " squirrel " art deco bottle Toronto Ont

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
had been meaning to post this bottle as I had recently acquired it , had first learned of it a couple years ago when I saw one for sale online locally but sale fell thru and I forgot about it . the same seller relisted the bottle for sale this spring and we finally meet and agreed on a price

don't know a lot about it , believe its listed in the Toronto bottle book as rare . personally haven't seen any others for sale online or anywhere . but Wilson's was a major bottler in Toronto , mostly did ginger ale , personally doubt this bottle was for ginger ale but rather one of there other products like an orange drink or tonic water even ? and likely used for short period in the 30's

embossed on the bottle "Wilson's " Chas Wilson limited , bottle not sold deposit charged to ensure return , contents 6 oz , design regd 1929 and a dominion triangle

4 squirrels are embossed on the bottle , common animal here , is red , black , grey and flying squirrels that live in our immediate area , although Wilson's seemed to be only bottled to use them as part of design

wilsonsartdecoN.jpgwilsonsartdecoN1.jpgwilsonsartdecoN2.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Cool! I've never seen that one either, I see Wilson's bottles quite a lot but never that one.

RCO

Reaction score
Cool! I've never seen that one either, I see Wilson's bottles quite a lot but never that one.

its an unusual Wilson's bottle for sure , there is older one's with squirrel's embossed on them but there much older and mostly aqua/blue in colour like from before the 20's or earlier

some collectors I talked to in years past did not believe there even has a Wilson's art deco from this period , when I mentioned to them I had seen one for sale

might try and get a picture of it full as I still have some pop for that purpose

RCO

Reaction score
some attempts at "orange " may try again when its nicer out , more sun expected this weekend

P4190005.jpgP4190006.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Always liked those bottles, I only have cans in my collection from that brand.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Those are cool! I like the squirrels! Wow! still a lot of snow where you are. It is still chilly here in lower Mi.

RCO

Reaction score
Those are cool! I like the squirrels! Wow! still a lot of snow where you are. It is still chilly here in lower Mi.

its weird last week at this time there was a big patch of grass visible in the back but it snowed this weekend and covered it back up again , but sounds like it will melt this weekend

I haven't been able to do much exploring and zero digging so far this april , been a write off

RCO

Reaction score
Always liked those bottles, I only have cans in my collection from that brand.

have found and seen a lot of Wilson's bottles over the years but never anything like this one before , the common ones to find here are the green ginger ale bottles , it was one of Toronto's largest and most successful bottlers for a number of years

seen Wilson cans before but not sure if I've found one , at least not in good enough condition to keep

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yikes, that snow looks nasty. It's almost all gone here, at least in the city. It was still snowing today though, hopefully that's the last until next winter.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu