Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Bottle Master Canadacan's Avatar
    Just checking my Crush bottles and I have one with the 70's flower and then the newer updated design, bottle on left is Dominion dated 1981, bottle on right is Consumers dated 1981...the PacMan contest close was July 1983.

I have some Welch's cans I checked and it seems to fall in between the late 70's to early 80's design..... I guess it could go either way, the bottle and label are from 78, or it's a later refill.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180424_111000.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	182658
    Collecting Western Canadian sodas, and USA Orange Crush.

Member New Bottler
    I find this interesting. Would this bottle have been a return for deposit bottle?
    I assumed it would have been. If yes then the bottle may have been made earlier than the label indicates?
    The markings are also very clean and crisp. I thought that it must have been a fairly new mold.

Senior Member Bottle Master Canadacan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL View Post
    I find this interesting. Would this bottle have been a return for deposit bottle?
    I assumed it would have been. If yes then the bottle may have been made earlier than the label indicates?
    The markings are also very clean and crisp. I thought that it must have been a fairly new mold.
    Yes these were deposit bottles...and as I indicated for example with my Crush bottle ...the glass is 1981, the label is 1983
    Collecting Western Canadian sodas, and USA Orange Crush.

Member New Bottler
    Here is a link to a 1976 Welch's Grape Soda TV ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIldjesW9BQ