Erie Beverages - Chatham Ont soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
there was many interesting bottles at the Toronto bottle show and will gradually post some of the more interest finds .

this bottle is one of the Dominion Glass 1928 generic design that was used in a number of towns and cities in Ontario .

its for Erie Beverages , Chatham Ontario . I knew it existed but hadn't actually seen one before so I'm not sure how uncommon or common it is to find or how long they actually used this bottle for

my book says Erie Beverages operated from 1935-1965 or later in chatham , also the local Coca Cola bottler

eriebeverages-chatham.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's an interesting one, I've never seen it before either. The logo is quite unusual for a soda company, it looks more like what you'd expect to find on a paint can or something like that.

RCO

Reaction score
That's an interesting one, I've never seen it before either. The logo is quite unusual for a soda company, it looks more like what you'd expect to find on a paint can or something like that.

can't recall seeing any other bottles for Erie beverages , never seen an acl bottle or any other embossed ones so would wonder what bottles they used .

if they were the coca cola bottler , that might of been there main product produced , I'd assume this bottle is 30's or 40's era , so perhaps they didn't bottle any local product after that

RCO

Reaction score
I tried searching around the internet but couldn't find anything on Erie beverages , other than an obituary for someone who worked there in the 50's or 60's but nothing on this bottle or others if they exist

but don't imagine it had a big selling area , mostly would of only been sold in Chatham and surrounding areas so the odds of anyone finding one unless they were digging a dump in that area would be low

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi