Finnish Bottling Works - Sudbury Ont bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another bottle show find , got this from a collector who used to live in northern Ontario and seems to have a lot of Northern bottles for sale . seller also told me he had a quart version of this bottle but had already sold it earlier in the show or at some other point

don't know a lot about it and can't recall ever seeing one before which was partly why it appealed to me . have a couple other Sudbury bottles but none this old

embossed on front " Finnish Bottling Works co Sudbury Ontario " registered , somewhat of a plain design although in an odd shape

my book lists it as from 1914 although I suspect it lasted longer and company appears to become "star bottling works " by the 1920's , they switch names for some reason . there was a large amount of immigrants from Finland in northern Ontario which would explain the name and fact some had started a bottling operation

finnishbottling-sudbury1.jpgfinnishbottling-sudbury.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
another picture might be a bit clearer and easier to read embossing

P4270001.jpgP4270001.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I like that one! I wonder if they bottled a particular type of Finnish soda. I always like seeing bottles that indicate a unique aspect of a particular area's history.

RCO

Reaction score
I like that one! I wonder if they bottled a particular type of Finnish soda. I always like seeing bottles that indicate a unique aspect of a particular area's history.

have no idea what they bottled , or if there are uniquely Finnish soda's from that era . although this bottler was clearly being run by people of Finnish origin

my book also lists a " finnish bottling works " 1915-1930 in Sault Ste Marie Ontario and unsure if there related but likely some connection , maybe seen 1 bottle from them online once but seem hard to find

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ally_Mac