Acquired a hoard

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pshershen

Reaction score
So, I'm pretty new to collecting and a buddy of mine bought a house which apparently belonged to a digger (if that's the right term). Anyway, i acquired these bottles and I'm not really sure where to start lol. There are probably at least 1000 of them, I dont really know. There's soda bottles, milk, beer, liquor, apparently people had problems with digestion so milk of magnesia bottles, etc etc. Should I post a couple overall pics? What do you think?

So far all I've done is order a book on Amazon about the hobby.

RCO

Reaction score
posting some pictures would be helpful , its hard for us to determine anything about them with such little information , some might be worthless but others could be of some value

pshershen

Reaction score
So, here is a couple. I haven't brought everything back to the house yet, but I think this is pretty typical of what is there:

Bottles1.jpgBottles2.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
its tough to say based on whats there , generally if bottles have a town or city name on them that increases there collectability , plain clear bottles without any identification aren't of any real value

I know of a gift/antique store here that buys those blue glass bottles even if there just for Phillips milk of magnesium , they seemed to be able to sell anything blue for some reason

pshershen

Reaction score
Gotcha, thanks again for your response. Many of these items will be from Pennsylvania and do have indicators to that effect. As I educate myself, I'll post more photos.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Unfortunately a lot of that stuff isn't really of any value, unembossed bottles with screw-tops can be had by the thousands if you go walking through the woods behind any small town or suburb. The blue ones can be sold for a dollar each pretty easily at flea markets. Milk bottles with dairy names can be quite good finds for local collectors, and hard to find ones can be very valuable sometimes. Though it can be very hard to tell which ones are hard to find without talking to a knowledgeable local collector. Soda bottles can also be good finds if they're in good condition, depending on what they are.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi