Whistle Company Canada

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
haven't seen that version of a whistle acl bottle before either , but I don't have any whistle bottles and haven't found any in the wild before either ,

which is odd as you'd think they'd be fairly common to find , even if they weren't bottled locally , think a tourist would of brought one here and left it in the lake or something

Canadacan

Reaction score
I have seen some of those ads and the pics online. I have not seen the special patent design page. I have a textured bottle like the one shown but not with that top. Here is a Whistle advertisement I have had in my collection for a long time. Made of celluloid (plastic of some sort)

Great sign!....nice condition too, seen a few online that are pretty beat up with cracks and chips.

This bottle is closely related to the Whistle brand in Vancouver BC as is came from the same bottler stamped on the side of my Whistle crate (Cross & Co.) The bottle was made by Illinois glass for Cross & Co., I always wondered why they chose a US supplier but I guess the proximity had to do with it being on the west coast.

Illinois-Pacific Glass Corp., Los Angeles and San Francisco (1926-1930)....note it has the 'Priof' top.... it's the only (made for Canadian market) Priof that I have. Incidentally my Art Deco Whistle dated 1928 was from the same glass company.
Cross & co-Priof top.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
haven't seen that version of a whistle acl bottle before either , but I don't have any whistle bottles and haven't found any in the wild before either ,

which is odd as you'd think they'd be fairly common to find , even if they weren't bottled locally , think a tourist would of brought one here and left it in the lake or something

Sooner or later I would think you'd find an Art Deco style or at least one of the straight sides.

waynera

Reaction score
Well today I added an ACL that I seen online 4 years ago, never thought I'd have the chance at one! I believe this is the first ACL from Whistle and figure it's from about 1936-38.
Interesting thing that it's marked Whistle co. of Eastern Canada Limited.

View attachment 182715
View attachment 182716
View attachment 182717

I love this line up showing the transition.
View attachment 182718

And here is the whole group including the green Vess Dry and the 28oz marked Vess Jones on the base
View attachment 182719

A solo shot of the 28oz from last year and a solo of the 6.5oz
View attachment 182720View attachment 182721

Here is a Cool add from 1922...I'll have to see what other Canadian Whistle adds I have but I think this was it.

Whistle soda- The Winnipeg Tribune, 31 Jul 1922, Mon
View attachment 182722

This is my Whistle crate from Cross & co. Vancouver BC
View attachment 182723

And one of several rare crowns that I recently picked up.
View attachment 182724

I love this Photo from Cross and co. featuring the Whistle soap box derby car! ..circa 1930's
View attachment 182725

And I can't forget my 1920's Whistle sign!....sorry about the Hires sneaking in there :)
View attachment 182726
Have you ever seen a full size May West curvy sided Whistle bottle? I have the 28 oz qt and smaller 6 1/2 oz ...but nothing inbetween like a 10, 11 or 12 oz

Canadacan

Reaction score
Have you ever seen a full size May West curvy sided Whistle bottle? I have the 28 oz qt and smaller 6 1/2 oz ...but nothing inbetween like a 10, 11 or 12 oz
No just the quart, and the 6.5oz

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch