Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Bottle Master
    haven't seen that version of a whistle acl bottle before either , but I don't have any whistle bottles and haven't found any in the wild before either ,

which is odd as you'd think they'd be fairly common to find , even if they weren't bottled locally , think a tourist would of brought one here and left it in the lake or something

Senior Member Bottle Master Canadacan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bottle-bud View Post
    I have seen some of those ads and the pics online. I have not seen the special patent design page. I have a textured bottle like the one shown but not with that top. Here is a Whistle advertisement I have had in my collection for a long time. Made of celluloid (plastic of some sort)
    Great sign!....nice condition too, seen a few online that are pretty beat up with cracks and chips.

This bottle is closely related to the Whistle brand in Vancouver BC as is came from the same bottler stamped on the side of my Whistle crate (Cross & Co.) The bottle was made by Illinois glass for Cross & Co., I always wondered why they chose a US supplier but I guess the proximity had to do with it being on the west coast.

Illinois-Pacific Glass Corp., Los Angeles and San Francisco (1926-1930)....note it has the 'Priof' top.... it's the only (made for Canadian market) Priof that I have. Incidentally my Art Deco Whistle dated 1928 was from the same glass company.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cross & co-Priof top.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	182809
    Last edited by Canadacan; 05-02-2018 at 10:30 AM.
    Collecting Western Canadian sodas, and USA Orange Crush.

Senior Member Bottle Master Canadacan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RCO View Post
    haven't seen that version of a whistle acl bottle before either , but I don't have any whistle bottles and haven't found any in the wild before either ,

which is odd as you'd think they'd be fairly common to find , even if they weren't bottled locally , think a tourist would of brought one here and left it in the lake or something
    Sooner or later I would think you'd find an Art Deco style or at least one of the straight sides.

Collecting Western Canadian sodas, and USA Orange Crush.