Todays pprivy dig.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Me & Tom went digging with our other digging buddy Vic. Seems Vic lives in a small old obscure Farming Community town in Sticksville. Vic got Permission to dig a Neighbors Privy just down his street. House looked to be around 1880's or 90's possibly. Probed away but only found one spot to dig. After getting down 3 feet found what was left of the wooden walls but then hit a layer of thin broken concrete. under this concrete was water & Tom & Vic felt nothing was under it & wanted to give up. SO, I get in & show them how it's done. Probe the corner & say something is here in the corner. Tom jumps back in, digs out the corner & Pops out a Nice Druggist bottle from a small obscure town of Yale. Then nothing & he gives up. I jump in & dig the other corner, I pull up the concrete layer, they say nothing under it but water but I know something is there. I pull up 3 Fruit Jars (almost complete but bottoms detached) & some other misc shards from it's watery depths. Got one other bottle, National Grocery I found while doing the test hole. Thats it, 2 lousy bottle for our hard work. Better then nothing & nice to get out. LEON. yale8.jpgyale5.jpg

yaledigger

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this Leon...too bad we didn't find more.

here is an old ad from Grant Holden from 1907
1907_Holden_Grant_1907 (2).JPG

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky