Thread: from Illinois

from Illinois

Hi. I'm new here, from Galena, IL. I found this bottle is the ground behind our old house, along with 3 other small clear bottles. Can anyone tell me about it? It's only 3.75" tall and it's 5-sided. It reads: Flagg's Good Samaritan Immediate Relief Cincinnati. It's not broken or chipped, just a little dirty with soil. Thank you!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0001.jpg   DSC_0002.jpg   DSC_0006.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master
    With the pontil mark on the bottom, it's pretty much pre-1860. It's in Matt's medicine nexus but only a picture of it, no information on Flagg out of Cincinnati.

A VERY nice little medicine bottle. Perhaps some mid--west medicine expert can give you more info on Flagg. There are some serious Cincinnati collectors out there.

Jim G

That's an absolutely beautiful find! I would love to find something like that someday.

Thank you both for your replies. I'm going to photograph the other three bottles I found with this one. Maybe they'll be familiar to you or to someone.
    Thanks again!

Senior Member Bottle Master Bass Assassin's Avatar
    That’s s great find, I’m sure it has some value

They pop up from time to time but definitely a $125-$150 bottle based on what I have seen in the past.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Nice find! I think you need to keep digging. I know I would if I found something like that in my backyard!
    Last edited by sandchip; 05-07-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Super crude and nice. Congrats. It's a heck of a find.

Thanks, all. I think I'll put the bottle on the For Sale section of the Forum. (My main collection is actually antique bookends.)

Great looking bottle! crude, good color, nice embossing. Go back and dig for more...