Embossed soda water bottles in Nova Scotia book

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
another interesting find at the bottle show was this book which I hadn't ever seen before , really don't have any older bottles from Nova Scotia but I find that part of the country interesting and was interested in learning more about the bottlers from there .

had seen some bottles in antique stores here and many others on ebay but most of them were from Halifax , this book has many from Cape Breton and the smaller towns and cities

the book contains many more I had never seen or knew existed and I doubt the author found every bottle so there'd still be some unlisted ones out there , contains no actual pictures but rather etchings of the actual bottle itself

says it was published in 1991 , also contains a price guide at back of book but unsure how current there numbers would be

P5020004.jpgP5020005.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
one of the more interesting bottles I noticed was for " arctic beverage company " Halifax NS , a 7 oz clear art deco style bottle but can't recalling seeing one before , wasn't aware Halifax had an art deco bottle but not surprised one exists

P5020001.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
book also lists not 1 but 2 panel style 1926 bottles from Nova Scotia

" Crystal Springs MFC co " Halifax and " Maritime Quality Beverage corp " oddly the writing is not on the panel on either bottle but on the top part

P5020002.jpgP5020003.jpg

nhpharm

Reaction score
Just curious-who wrote the book? It looks very well done.

RCO

Reaction score
novascotiabottles.jpg

novascotiabottles.jpgforgot to post a picture of the cover , author was " Barry Wright " says he was from Lunenburg Nova Scotia , not sure what his connection to the bottle collecting world was , he said that he visited collections all over the east coast for the book but doesn't state he had one himself

nhpharm

Reaction score
Barry was definitely a collector. He passed away back in 2013. I met him a few times I believe in the 1990's at the Nova Scotia bottle show (I don't think it happens any more, but I remember going to a small show there). Nowadays it seems like the Maritimes bottle collectors all surface at the Sussex Flea Market.

RCO

Reaction score
Barry was definitely a collector. He passed away back in 2013. I met him a few times I believe in the 1990's at the Nova Scotia bottle show (I don't think it happens any more, but I remember going to a small show there). Nowadays it seems like the Maritimes bottle collectors all surface at the Sussex Flea Market.

never heard of there being a bottle show in nova scotia but there could of been one in the 90's

it makes sense he was a collector as that be the reason for writing the book , its a very well put together book ,

nhpharm

Reaction score
Yep...there was a show back in the day. I believe it was run by Kim Troop.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi