Red Cee soda bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

shunyadragon

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and just collect bottles during my work on farm buildings, fences, and green houses.

This is the first stumper I have found. I found an aqua embossed Red Cee 6 fl once, looks like a coke bottle and the script and embossing is similar. Condition very good. It was found with bottles dating 1910? to the 1930's. Nothing on the bottom. I may post a picture.

shunyadragon

Reaction score
The bottle was found under a farm house under renovation dated from the late 1800's in the rural area of western Orange County west of Hillsborough, NC.

RCO

Reaction score
it would help if you posted a picture , looks like a straight side coca cola or hobbleskirt bottle ?

shunyadragon

Reaction score
Photo of bottle

DSC_0029.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's an interesting one, it looks like they were trying to get the idea of the Coke bottle across without doing anything that could get them sued. I'd certainly classify it as a knockoff of Coca Cola, and a much later one than most of the other knockoffs. I wonder if they ended up getting sued or not.

shunyadragon

Reaction score
That's an interesting one, it looks like they were trying to get the idea of the Coke bottle across without doing anything that could get them sued. I'd certainly classify it as a knockoff of Coca Cola, and a much later one than most of the other knockoffs. I wonder if they ended up getting sued or not.

They were most likely sued and production was short lived. In Hillsborough there there was an L-cola(?) that was short lived and sued by Coca Cola.

shunyadragon

Reaction score
They were most likely sued and production was short lived. In Hillsborough there there was an L-cola(?) that was short lived and sued by Coca Cola.

Based on the fact that I cannot find any references to the bottle nor the company this bottle may be unique.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Cool bottle! I believe it is from Burlington, North Carolina. I see several advertisements for them in 1934-1935. The bottles certainly appear to be uncommon. Interestingly, at some point, the bottles were in the possession of or were used by the Carolina Beverage Company of Graham, North Carolina (owned by John H. Loy), but I'm not sure the connection between the Red Cee Bottling Company and John H. Loy....

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
It looks like a straight side coca cola. I will post a picture. So far I cannot find any reference to name.

I've seen bottles from Canada in a very similar design , it was used in the 30's for a short period , I have a couple bottles that have a design and shape very similar to this one

this bottle is for " national beverages " totally unrelated to yours but you can see how its very similar , embossing in the same area and has other features that are the same and 6 oz as well

nationalbevPC2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu