Polo Rico acl soda bottle Montreal

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
was looking thru some sold listings on ebay and came across this bottle and haven't seen one before so was trying to find out more about it but so far very little , its entirely red and white acl , with a palm tree /seaside design on the front corner

but its definitely from Montreal Quebec and likely 40's or 50's era , this design of bottle was commonly used in Canada in various cities

( from ebay listing )

2) POLO-RICO Trade Mark Reg'd
Nice red & graphics
Contenu 7 oz Net Contents
The Polo Rico Company of Canada Ltd. (Montreal)
Measures 7¾" tall x 2¼" diameter.
Bottom marks: 3 4704 & triangle
Bilingual text on reverse is a little faded

polorico-montreal.jpgpolorico-montreal1.jpgpolorico-montreal2.jpg

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2-LOT-1950s...5789409?hash=item1edeba97e1:g:-ZMAAOSwx3Va1S5~

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a cool one! Pretty certain I've never seen it before. Bilingual in that era means it was intended for use in Quebec (or other francophone areas), so probably not a Montreal-based company that distributed widely. "Bottled under authority" suggests it was a franchise, but it could also mean they were pretending to be a larger company than they were.

RCO

Reaction score
That's a cool one! Pretty certain I've never seen it before. Bilingual in that era means it was intended for use in Quebec (or other francophone areas), so probably not a Montreal-based company that distributed widely. "Bottled under authority" suggests it was a franchise, but it could also mean they were pretending to be a larger company than they were.

not really sure haven't been able to find much info on this bottle ,but it is very appealing overall . I had a hard time even figuring out what "polo rico " stood for but seems it was trying to connect with the popular southern tourist destinations

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi