Eclectric Oil

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just signed up to this forum because my parents have moved into a home and it seems that a ways behind the house, there is a pit covered in old rusted cans and glass bottles. This was one of the found bottles in the pit amongst the others. Picked this one out because it is clearly marked.

Is it worth going through the pile and cleaning the ones that aren't broken? Not sure what to do with them as there are hundreds, many broken yet also many intact. A lot of them may be worthless like old glass ketchup bottles, etc. I have no knowledge about antique bottles so I'm not sure what to do.

qp53qq.jpg

Thanks!

Reaction score
Here is another example of many:

xm3dzo.jpg

28lunua.jpg

Any advice as to whether or not it would be worth it to clean them all up would be appreciated :)

Thanks in advance!

Old Wiltshire

Reaction score
-
Hi, I would say certainly worth going through.
Many may be worthless but you may also come across a few gems.
It is always worth putting up some photographs for opinions.

-

-

:)

Reaction score
-
Hi, I would say certainly worth going through.
Many may be worthless but you may also come across a few gems.
It is always worth putting up some photographs for opinions.

-

-

:)

Very interesting! Love the kitten advertisement. Could have used this when I had a cold a week ago :D I 'll go through some of it within the next week or so and post pictures of some that look interesting.

Thank you for your advice!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yes with that age it's definitely worth digging it out fully! It's not often that you find intact turn of the 20th century bottles on top. The stuff you're finding mostly dates from around 1890 to 1930 or so, with the Sloan's possibly being a bit later. Nothing particularly rare or valuable yet, but if there are hundreds of similar ones then it's likely some good stuff in there. To me the CC&Co bottle is the most interesting so far, I've got one of those as well but I'm not sure what the letters stand for.

sandchip

Reaction score
I agree that you definitely need to dig out that spot. Good stuff!

Reaction score
Yes with that age it's definitely worth digging it out fully! It's not often that you find intact turn of the 20th century bottles on top. The stuff you're finding mostly dates from around 1890 to 1930 or so, with the Sloan's possibly being a bit later. Nothing particularly rare or valuable yet, but if there are hundreds of similar ones then it's likely some good stuff in there. To me the CC&Co bottle is the most interesting so far, I've got one of those as well but I'm not sure what the letters stand for.

Hi guys just wanted to say thanks again for your advice / input. Since this is my first time doing this it's helpful :) . I like the CC & Co bottle as well, I'll try to poke around the net and see what I can find regarding that brand.

I found about 20 old Coca Cola bottles today and some ketchup bottles, not sure how to date them (no labels) so I've put them in a pile for now. Here's some other cool ones from today:

e5ituf.jpg

Love how tiny these are... even if they're worthless, for some reason I'm really drawn to miniature stuff!

nccw48.jpg

jpbosp.jpg

i6jfxi.jpg

Maybe from the 60s?

2wlzgr7.jpg

Insulator? I found some beautiful blue ones but they were broken :(

13ypf2v.jpg

Not that old but a cool little piece of history, wish it wasn't broken!

mctaggart67

Reaction score
C.C. & Co. = Carter, Cummings & Co. In Toronto until 1920ish, then moved to Windsor, Ontario.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi