Penetang Bottling co - acl soda bottle Penetang Ont

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a good looking bottle! I really like those green art deco sodas, wish they were easier to find.

RCO

Reaction score
Here's something discovered just today at a yard sale near Wasaga Beach, Ontario. Note the piece of masking tape on the bottom with "1938" written on it. I presume somebody thought this was the year the bottle was made?

great find for a yard sale , I'm doubtful about the 1938 date though as penetang bottling co operated for a number of years . its likely they used this bottle from the 1930's-1948 period and after words they switched over to an acl bottle

think I've only seen this bottle once myself at a now closed antique store in Midland Ontario , he had one on display or in the store at some point . I'm not sure of its value , a clear one would likely be $15-$30 depending on condition , I'm not sure what a green on typically goes for

Izack

Reaction score
we had an antique show here last weekend , way too warm in that building but oddly enough I did actually buy 1 bottle when I was there .

it appears to be an older Penetang Bottling co bottle that I was not aware existed , my book says they started operating in 1922 , so I assume this bottle is early and from that era before they switched over to the more fancy looking art deco I posted

this bottle says " contents 7 oz, Penetang Bottling Co'y , Penetang Ont " no other markings but looks early , not sure if I've ever seen one before but definitely never found one or had a chance to buy one

View attachment 183557View attachment 183558
While digging in my backyard i came across pieces of the same bottle along with plenty other glass im assuming they date to around the same time there are 2 california fig syrup bottles also. My research of the identifiable glass and other material suggests the 1920s or 30s.
20200426_201255.jpg
20200426_201752.jpg
20200426_201327.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
it does appear to be the same bottle , haven't seen any others since I found mine a couple years ago .

was likely only sold in the penetang area so I'm assuming your dump was located in that region . I live in the muskoka area and never once found a penetang bottle in the wild here

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLOWE94