IOGC whiskey bottle with price embossed on front

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

rcuster

Reaction score
I have a IGOC ( Illinois Glass Company ) whiskey bottle 1887-1893 with PRICE $1.00 embossed on the front of bottle. I have been collecting old glass bottles for almost 50 years and I have never seen a price embossed on the bottle. I have contacted other collectors and no one has seen this before and was told to post my information on this site to see if anyone else may have seen a bottle with a price embossed on it. The front has KENTUCKY PRINCE THE FINEST MILD SOUR MASH BOURBON IN THE WORLD PRICE $1.00 and on the back is SJ LANG & SONS DISTILLERS ST LOUIS. I looked up SJ LANG & SONS and KENTUCKY PRINCE is one of the brands listed in the St Louis directory for this company. The brand KENTUCKY PRINCE was around for many years so this was not just a one time special issue and hand blown bottles were not cheap to produce. SJ LANG was not a retail outlet so the price was set by the distiller not the retailer and was permanently marked on the product so i'm wondering how rare it is to see it embossed on a bottle.

stc1993

Reaction score
That was expensive whiskey at $1. I have a ledger from a store in Lexington Kentucky from 1860 to 1864. A 2 1/2 gal. jug of whiskey was only 37 1/2 cent.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora