Found this whiskey bottle 50 years ago

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

a70droptop

Reaction score
Found in the attic when I was 9 years old ... and still not dated. The label is painted on and says 'Cream of Kentucky Straight Whiskey 100 Proof' and has an image of three running thoroughbreds, believed to be a special edition bottle for the Kentucky Derby. There are no markings on the bottom of the bottle and it is obviously hand blown. Here's a cell phone picture : bottle.jpeg
Any ideas or help identifying and dating this bottle would be fantastic and greatly appreciated!

Happy Hunting, Phillip

RCO

Reaction score
I don't really collect liquor bottles but I'd have to guess its from the 50's or possibly late 40's , that would be my best guess

KSESTATE

Reaction score
Hello quick Ebay check shows this whiskey popular in the late 1930-40's. So that is probably the era for this I lean to mid 40's. This was a special batch as the normal available were either 86 or 90 proof. This being 100 proof commanded a special bottle. Probably available for retail sale at a premium. It may not have been a blown bottle, just MFG in a different manor. They still do that now. Nice back bar type bottle. Value is what you can get but you should enjoy it more

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora