SunCrest Canada...Green!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Ah so there are others with the local bottlers' marked! Never seen the Sask ones before, though considering how rarely I come across prairie bottles that's not surprising. I've actually got one of the Toronto ones though, I wasn't thinking of that one as having a city mark. I've never seen that NuGrape one either.

By the way just found out that Sun Crest is still sold in some parts of the US. I'd be curious to try it, never seen it down there though. I wonder how it compares to Orange Crush.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Yes I suppose the Toronto ones are more so stating the headquarters, there must be some local bottler ones from that area in the 7oz size too?...but have not seen any. I like the ones marked Nugrape, I still need one for my collection but it's not really a priority...if I run across one I'm sure it'll come home with me!..lol

Hey I did not know SunCrest was still available....if it's made with cane sugar it might stack up to Crush!..haha

Canadacan

Reaction score
Picked up another variation recently, not quite as exciting as the green! It's a neck label variation that I've never seen and it matches the main label.
Always fun to add variations to the collection, this one has no city markings, it's dated 1955 and is the 10oz size.

20180917_223107.jpg

20180917_223050.jpg

Raypadua

Reaction score
I had no idea Sun Crest was Bottled all over the place! I thought it was only though Bell Bottling here in Winnipeg. So many more bottles to collect now :)

Fun facts for Bell Bottling Company:

Joe Boroditsky began bottling soft drinks at 1087 Selkirk Ave, Wpg, MB in 1918 (There are soda bottles embossed Boroditsky Bros from that period). The Boroditsky Bros. name continued until 1924. After this the company name was changed to the Bell Bottling Company and continued into the 70's. Some of the beverages sold by the Bell Bottling company were: Bromo Cola, Sunnybrook, Wynola, Nu Grape, Sun Crest, Keystone and 2-Way

Bottledigger52

Reaction score
Love that bottle looks awesome in green the red label throws me off so used to the blue great find Canadacan would love this for my collection.

Canadacan

Reaction score
I had no idea Sun Crest was Bottled all over the place! I thought it was only though Bell Bottling here in Winnipeg. So many more bottles to collect now :)

Fun facts for Bell Bottling Company:

Joe Boroditsky began bottling soft drinks at 1087 Selkirk Ave, Wpg, MB in 1918 (There are soda bottles embossed Boroditsky Bros from that period). The Boroditsky Bros. name continued until 1924. After this the company name was changed to the Bell Bottling Company and continued into the 70's. Some of the beverages sold by the Bell Bottling company were: Bromo Cola, Sunnybrook, Wynola, Nu Grape, Sun Crest, Keystone and 2-Way
Yes there are a great many variations!...I'm still on the hunt for a Quart size bottle, it seems to be eluding me...but I collect so many brands that I stay busy and if and when it happens so be it.

Bottle Don

Reaction score
I have picked up a number of SunCrest bottles all of which appear to be from Ontario. Thought it easiest to summarize as follows. Hope the table posts O/K

OzsSquares in BlueEmbossed bottleNeck Label
Square Blue ACL7noyesnoBtm- Wynola Corp Ltd
Square Blue ACL7yesyesnoBtm- Wynola Corp Ltd
Square Blue ACL7yesyesnoBtm- Wynola Corp Ltd
Square Blue ACL10yesyesnoBtm- Wynola Corp Ltd
Square Blue ACL10yesyesnoBk- NuGrape - Btm- Wynola Corp Ltd
Square Blue ACL10yesyesnoBtm- SunCrest of Canada
Square Blue ACL26yesyesyesBmt- Wynola Corp Ltd
Square Blue ACL26yesyesyesBtm- Wynola Corp Ltd
Rounded White/Blue ACL7n/anonoBk- SunCrest of Canada / Toronto
Rounded White/Blue ACL10n/ayesyesBk- SunCrest of Canada / Toronto
Rounded White/Blue ACL10n/ayesnoBk- SunCrest of Canada / Toronto, Btm- SunCrest of Canada,

Canadacan

Reaction score
I have picked up a number of SunCrest bottles all of which appear to be from Ontario. Thought it easiest to summarize as follows. Hope the table posts O/K

I could add to that table...11oz and 16oz for square blue...then red 10oz square label, great table btw!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora