Modern money back Pepsi bottle from PEI

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this at a yard sale on the weekend and got it for a quarter . I'm pretty sure its from Prince Edward Island as they were the only place in Canada still using glass money back bottles in the 2000's , they switched over to cans and plastic in 2010

I recall being in PEI in the late 90's once and thinking it was so odd they were still using glass returnable bottles and was a local flavour of " birch beer " I couldn't get enough of but don't recall ever drinking pepsi when I was there , guess cause the island was so small they didn't want to use dump space

this bottle has a date on JA 16 06 , so its not very old but would fit the timeline of being used in the years before they ended the can ban and were still using glass bottles , really have no idea if its worth anything ( but the paper label might make it at least somewhat hard to find,) just though it was interesting

P6170002.jpgP6170003.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I had no idea PEI was using glass that late, if it was the only place these were used it may not be worth much now but has the potential to have value in the future considering how few of these there must be.
By the way speaking of glass bottles, I bought some Fanta from India in glass yesterday. It tasted the same as the domestic stuff so I'm not sure why they're importing it, I don't think it uses cane syrup. But it was nice to be able to drink soda from a glass bottle on a hot day!

RCO

Reaction score
I had no idea PEI was using glass that late, if it was the only place these were used it may not be worth much now but has the potential to have value in the future considering how few of these there must be.
By the way speaking of glass bottles, I bought some Fanta from India in glass yesterday. It tasted the same as the domestic stuff so I'm not sure why they're importing it, I don't think it uses cane syrup. But it was nice to be able to drink soda from a glass bottle on a hot day!

I'm not sure if there is still any glass bottles being used on PEI but they would of still been using glass in 2006 , can't see this bottle being from anywhere else in Canada . its the only place which makes sense , and lots of Ontario tourists visit PEI so one likely brought it back

I haven't see Fanta from India but did find a Fanta ( orange ) in glass from mexico a few weeks back and it was pretty good

Canadacan

Reaction score
It's always interesting to see what other provinces were doing for packaging, I also was unaware glass was used that late there!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnny Rocky