Peter neaman / pittsburg - very rare

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

EGaz003

Reaction score
Quite possibly the only example of this bottle in the World! Im finding it impossible to find another like it.

Any info on this recent find would be greatly appreciated!

E

Attachments

• 551285954.jpg
    551285954.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 322

sandchip

Reaction score
Nice. How'd you find it? We like to hear the stories!

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not listed in my Breweries Book. Nice Bottle. I had a similar bottle from Philadelphia, Couldn't find any info on it & nobody else seen one or knew anything about it. They said even though it may be rare they Considered it pretty much worthless because Philadelphia was such a big city with many Breweries. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
His looks slightly different then yours Bruce. LEON.

UncleBruce

BEER DUDE
Reaction score
Yes, Leon they are different. Still if there are variations of the same company and being from a large city I doubt they are rare, but have little demand. Would not say they are worthless just interesting reminders of a long gone company. Pittsburgh collectors I believe in general don't collect these as they are seeking pontil era bottles and colors. Personally I think that is a shame as the history aspect gets overlooked.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Yes, Leon they are different. Still if there are variations of the same company and being from a large city I doubt they are rare, but have little demand. Would not say they are worthless just interesting reminders of a long gone company. Pittsburgh collectors I believe in general don't collect these as they are seeking pontil era bottles and colors. Personally I think that is a shame as the history aspect gets overlooked.
That is a bit of a generalization. I'm from the regional area and if I had bottles like those ones I'd be doing backflips. Almost.

sunrunner

Reaction score
let's say it is a one of a kind . would you pay 100.00 dollars for it . maybe in Pittsburg . try selling it in Philly at that price.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
I can pretty much guarantee you there are a bunch of these out there. I collect RI bottles and many are quite common but the only hits I find are the pictures I uploaded myself. Not being able to find a bottle online means very little. Now if you find some long time Pittsburgh bottle diggers who've never seen it before then maybe it's rare and you might get $20-30 for it because generic style blobs don't have a lot of demand. Just being real!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora