Peter neaman / pittsburg - very rare

Quite possibly the only example of this bottle in the World! Im finding it impossible to find another like it.

Any info on this recent find would be greatly appreciated!

E
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 551285954.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Nice. How'd you find it? We like to hear the stories!
    Last edited by sandchip; 06-21-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Not listed in my Breweries Book. Nice Bottle. I had a similar bottle from Philadelphia, Couldn't find any info on it & nobody else seen one or knew anything about it. They said even though it may be rare they Considered it pretty much worthless because Philadelphia was such a big city with many Breweries. LEON.

Senior Member Bottle Master UncleBruce's Avatar

Neaman

Attachment 183336
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails neaman.jpg  
    Last edited by UncleBruce; 06-22-2018 at 10:26 PM.
    UncleB aka Bruce Mobley
    Call or text 660.346.0375
    unclebmobley@gmail.com
    BeerBottleLibrary

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    His looks slightly different then yours Bruce. LEON.

Senior Member Bottle Master UncleBruce's Avatar
    Yes, Leon they are different. Still if there are variations of the same company and being from a large city I doubt they are rare, but have little demand. Would not say they are worthless just interesting reminders of a long gone company. Pittsburgh collectors I believe in general don't collect these as they are seeking pontil era bottles and colors. Personally I think that is a shame as the history aspect gets overlooked.
    UncleB aka Bruce Mobley
    Call or text 660.346.0375
    unclebmobley@gmail.com
    BeerBottleLibrary

Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleBruce View Post
    Yes, Leon they are different. Still if there are variations of the same company and being from a large city I doubt they are rare, but have little demand. Would not say they are worthless just interesting reminders of a long gone company. Pittsburgh collectors I believe in general don't collect these as they are seeking pontil era bottles and colors. Personally I think that is a shame as the history aspect gets overlooked.
    That is a bit of a generalization. I'm from the regional area and if I had bottles like those ones I'd be doing backflips. Almost.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    let's say it is a one of a kind . would you pay 100.00 dollars for it . maybe in Pittsburg . try selling it in Philly at that price.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    I can pretty much guarantee you there are a bunch of these out there. I collect RI bottles and many are quite common but the only hits I find are the pictures I uploaded myself. Not being able to find a bottle online means very little. Now if you find some long time Pittsburgh bottle diggers who've never seen it before then maybe it's rare and you might get $20-30 for it because generic style blobs don't have a lot of demand. Just being real!