A Tenn. Country Physician , his Pharmacy , and a roadside bottle dump.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CreekWalker

Reaction score
I'll have more sodas on some, after they clean up. IMG_1546.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
You need to find some straight sided Cokes. Do the ones you found have the 1915 date or 1923 or just D-Patent? LEON.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Found several, except a couple , all were damaged. Most had top and neck damage, chipped bases. Towns marked were mostly Jackson, and Memphis. One Union City marked base, stuck out of the bank, dug it out , hoping for a 1923, but early patent D. Did find several Chero Cola's. Two decent Memphis straight side Cokes were found.

sunrunner

Reaction score
always good to research . have discovered a lot of forgotten dumps that way.

CreekWalker

Reaction score
It works for me, sunrunner. Saves alot of gas and walking. Closed country store locations near a creek , where the owner dumped his trash and obsolete soda bottles. Such as when the 1915 Cokes were replaced by the 1923's. The local plant didn't want them, so they were dumped. Found a store like that in Covington , 20 years ago. Some of the amber SS Cokes, (3 variaties) , blue 1915 and lime green 1915, was not on the Coke list at the time, sold them as Unknown types, with some bringing $350 to $500 each. Bring a few years ago, when gold was higher than it is now, $50 a gram, computer processes, memory sticks, and mother boards were heavily gold plated on the circuits, I researched all local computer shops , in the area, and found several near creeks and dump sites. One site had 25 Pentium Pro, processors in a neat pile with over 100 total gold plated ones, by AMD, SUN micro-systems, Intel, etc. At the time the Pentium Pro sold for $25-30. Still do. So I went the the guys shop, he had retired, but still had alot of 1980's and 90's PC's and parts . Made a offer, he accepted , and moved the rest in 3 truck loads for salvage. I remember , I had recouped the purchase price in a couple of weeks. Sold until the price of gold went down. But that was an example of doing your research, that paid off, works the same for bottles or any other relics. It you look for native American relics, was there a village, check the old maps, of local history, start on private land with permission, same goes for Civil War sites, read sent home local letters, or memoirs by the Union and Confederate soldiers. So a soldiers mentions we had a camp , post or base on farmer Brown's farm, near Anywhere, USA. Now check the archives , who was farmer Brown, check the period land grants , deeds records, for the county and Anywhere, USA town. Best site found since the 1980's , was last year's campsite and site of a skirmish, in Madison County. Dozens of dropped bullets , eagle buttons, musket parts, buckles, knives, bayonets, all rusted up, but near Medon, and Brittan Lane battlefield sites. I made a display for the landowner, now in his 70's , who was thrilled, and who gave additional permission. I posted the finds, last year, here on ABN and before that, a Forrest camp site, a few years ago, also posted on here. Located native American site, located in the same way , which was posted on here also. As many of you know, old maps, your local library , google earth , taking notes, comparing with a journal of past finds, and your own research, who with 5-28-16 007.jpglike minded hunters, is always your best bet in locating bottles and relics.

Attachments

• 5-28-16 009.jpg
    5-28-16 009.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

westKYdigger

Reaction score
Love those local meds, especially when they show up in unexpected places. Here's some info about S.B. Carpenter i got from Johnnie Fletcher's Arkansas Bottle Book.
helena drug carpenter.JPG

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Great information, Fletcher’s has been a good resource and started a revival of interest in Ark. bottles. I wonder if these bottles were reused, possibly with a new label. Thanks.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi