Found a Broadway N.Y. bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
While digging yesterday at my very old (1840s-1920s) but extremely rocky spot I managed to get some more survivors from all the rocks...

20180626_190241.jpg

On the Left is a M. Hall Apothecary Broadway, N.Y. and on the Right is a Foss' sample size bottle. I also got a emerald green ground stopper and 1919 wheat penny.

I dug with a friend, so I ended up giving him a Colgate and Co. Tooth powder bottle becuase he just started bottle digging.

Considering the amount of rocks, not a bad day and I will go back to see if I can find any more surviving bottles.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Glad to see you're still at it! NY stuff is common but I think that's a nice looking pharmacy bottle. I need to post some pictures myself...

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Glad to see you're still at it! NY stuff is common but I think that's a nice looking pharmacy bottle. I need to post some pictures myself...

I had been very busy the last couple months and I have been trying to locate a new rumoured spot. However now that I have more free time I will be getting back to this spot again and hopefully get some more bottles. I will also try to take some more pictures of this dump.

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
20180113_132210.jpg

Most of this particular dump contains rock. I think they dumped on a rock bed then covered the glass with more rock! The picture is a small portion of what I have uncovered (and moved) when looking for the surviving bottles. I am usually exhasted by the end of the dig. However considering there are Historical flask and Drakes Plantation Bitters shards, I will do my best to navigate through all the rock :)

fritzal

Reaction score
I have a couple of the FOSS bottles. 5" 2 oz. I thought they were normal size. My last name is Foss, so I purchase them when I see them.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp