An assortment of bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nate C

Reaction score
I just started collecting old bottle from an old bottle dump I found, so far I have collected a few bottles off the top layer of soil. Here is a picture of what i've got so far. If anyone could tell me any basic information about any of the bottles I would appreciate it.
Cap.jpg

What I know so far:
1. 10 oz Pepsi-cola bottle. Has writing on the bottom that is imperceptible.

2. Probably a beverage bottle. On the bottom it has a circle with a C in the middle of it followed by 1863-181, an underlined 6 is in the middle, and 3 is positioned on the opposite side of the 1863-181.

3. On the bottom it has the Ball logo that was introduced in 1960 with 93 printed below it, The word"all" is below the logo and then on the very bottom of the jar is the words PAT PEND.

4. On the bottom it has a circle with a W inside in the very center and the number 12 printed below it.

5. On the bottom it has a a circle with an M in the very center and "L-60" printed below that and the number 3 printed below that.

6. Across the diameter of the bottom of the jar is the number 80 followed by a circle with an A inside followed by the number 50. On the top semi-circle created by the previous text is printed 39-A and on the bottom semi circle is U.S.A.

7. the number 12 is in the center of the bottom

8. This small Jar is a Bristol-Myers MUM deodorant container. It is 0.7 oz and made in the U.S.A and has New York N.Y labeled across the bottom.

Sorry for only having verbal descriptions of the bottoms my camera had a terrible glare and wouldn't focus.

Last edited:

sunrunner

Reaction score
looks like all of them are from the 1970s to present. the letters most likely indicate glass company's . nun are collectable at this time . but keep looking. and study up on history of glass making.

mikeodigs

Reaction score
I agree non are collectable except # 3 for storage maybe. . # 1 if the paint was perfect and no case ware/scratches. . keep digging never know what could be down there, the deeper you go the older the bottles. . good luck

sunrunner

Reaction score
here is the problem with machine made bottle for collators. it seems after 1930 , most bottles and jar tuck on standard shapes which are still recognizable to day. with the exception of sodas and spirit bottles . every thing ells has kept the same look . ( food containers and beer bottles . so if you are just a fan of Hellman's mayonnaise , or some beer , like miller lit . there is not much use in hording the same container that's pumped out by the millions every day.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MDuncum