Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by sunrunner View Post
    did you dig it in north Carolina ? cheche around the other towns near you ,like business directories in liberty.
    It was found in Orange County NC near Mebane, NC. I will check around.

Junior Member New Bottler
    Neat. I remember seeing a PLOTT beer bottle before but never a PLOTTS bottle.

Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark View Post
    Neat. I remember seeing a PLOTT beer bottle before but never a PLOTTS bottle.
    It must have been a short lived production of both beer and soda. Was the PLOTT Beer dated?

LGC is probably Lydsboro Glass Works that operated in Lyndboro NH off and on from the 1870's to early 1900's. They put out hundreds of named bottles you would recognize.

Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by DiggginSince'71 View Post
    LGC is probably Lydsboro Glass Works that operated in Lyndboro NH off and on from the 1870's to early 1900's. They put out hundreds of named bottles you would recognize.
    Actually the letters are 143 LGW, which is likely Lauren's Bottling Works in Lauren, South Carolina. It is not certain, but from the website the number 143 or I43 indicates bottles produced in 1943. The following website gives a good history of the Laurens Bottling Works;

https://sha.org/bottle/pdffiles/LaurensGW.pdf

If you ever come across another Plott bottle, please let me know. I am interested - family surname. The Plott hound is the state dog of North Carolina. I just bought this bottle, which was recently listed on eBay. Thanks.