Today's Privy Dig. July 1st 2018.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

sunrunner

Reaction score
great to see you in the ground agene. good stuff.

Nick79

Reaction score
Nice finds and good dig

Sent from my SM-J327U using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
Well, Here's a update & it's not good. Last Sunday we revisited this hole. We dug about another 4 feet thru white ash not finding much so everybody but me wanted to give up. I probed like another 3 feet to go till we hit bottom. I figured the good stuff at the bottom. But they kept wanting to stick a fork in it & call it done. SO, I probed some spots that felt like mostly bricks at the bottom but gotta couple probed spots sounding like glass so I kept going till I hit bottom in 1 spot I hit a couple of broken Mason jars, Then a Whiskey bottle & then a Quart Size White Seal tooled crown top. We dug a few of these before but always in little 7 oz. first time we dug a Quart. When I got near bottom it started to fill with water & thn it was still going but just a sludgy waterery mess at very bottom. After I pulled these bottles out Eric figured he'd give it a try & only pulled out a Rubifoam for the Teeth bottle & some shards & gave up. I jumped in one last time & just probed some bricks & was just to much extra loose dirt left in bottom to keep going so I declared it done & everybody was happy. we dug out the walls some more but did not find much, not sure if this was a privy, seemed like one but never did find a wood wall lining the sides near bottom like usual. If it was it was deepest I dug at at least 10 feet deep, highly unusual for this area were they average 5-6 feet. Some Pics below. LEON.
P1010159.jpgP1010160.jpgP1010161.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Eric in that last pic holding up his prized possesion. Rubifoam for the Teeth LOL. Pic below of the White Seal. LEON.

P1010177.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora