Cammanaro seltzer bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
This is a seltzer bottle from my grandparents and I believe that its pretty old. Perhaps around 1935. During prohibition my grandfather made booze at home, I guess that a lot of people did. This was his. Its 12 inches tall. There are not any chips or cracks. The artwork is in excellent condition. About half way up there is a watermark on the inside of the bottle and also on the glass straw. The glass straw is also intact and attached to the metal part. The name CAMMARANO BROS. is stamped on the base of the metal part. Looking for any information related to it's age and value. Thank you for any help you can send my way.

IMG_1030.jpgIMG_1027.jpgIMG_1028.jpgIMG_1024.jpg

Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
That's a beauty...I like these ACL seltzers! If you post a photo of the base, there sometimes is a date code on these if they are American-made (which most of the ACL ones were). Most of the ACL ones I have date to the late 1930's.

Reaction score
Hello, thank you nhpharm for your reply. I just took some pics of the bottom of the bottle. Will post as soon as they download. May I ask what does ACL mean?

Last edited:

nhpharm

Reaction score
Made by Owens Illinois in their Columbus, Ohio plant in 1936, it appears.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hello, thank you nhpharm for your reply. I just took some pics of the bottom of the bottle. Will post as soon as they download. May I ask what does ACL mean?

ACL Means Applied Color Label. Meaning painted or ink or silkscreen on. No Paper label or embossing. LEON.

Reaction score
Made by Owens Illinois in their Columbus, Ohio plant in 1936, it appears.

I can't believe that you could figure all that out from those numbers! I'm very impressed. Thank you so much for your help, this is all foreign to me. Do you have any idea what it is worth?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello, could someone please explain to me how to go about figuring out what this bottle is worth. Is there a website for this type of thing? I don't know where to start. I'm very appreciative of the help you folks have given me but what do I do next? I've looked on ebay without any success. Thank you in advance.

nhpharm

Reaction score
This is a pretty specialized local item...it might be worth something to someone in that area but is of fairly minimal value outside that area. Ron Fowler collects Northwest Seltzers, though this one might be a bit newer than what he typically goes for. He doesn't do appraisals but might make you a fair offer if you were to reach out to him. HutchBook@yahoo.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora