New to the forum

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Crackerjack86

Reaction score
Hey guys I dont know if this is the right place or not but Im an avid bottle hunter. i love Mountain Dew, Royal Crown Cola, Coca Cola, Dr Pepper....all the southern stuff. I just posted my first album with all my current stuff. I hope to grow it with help. Feel free to stop by and comment.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! That is a good start to your collection. I like the Royal Crowns.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!.... nice to see new collectors on here :)…. I'm from Canada so I mainly focus on brands from the north west, but I have a soft spot for all USA Orange Crush!

mikeodigs

Reaction score
Hello and welcome, I like the ACL bottles also but I recycle more than I keep, here in the south the humidity and moistly just eat the paint away. . Dig-on.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
For correctness' sake, I must alert you that ACLs are not painted but baked on. They fuse the pigments to the glass itself. It was originally called pyroglazing. Each colour was baked on separately. Humidity won't hurt them. Water won't hurt them-- I found a perfect ACL Squirt from 1947 in a lake right on the surface of the bottom. What hurts them is chemicals in the ground/water.

Nactex

Reaction score
There are some highly collectible ACL's from my East Texas area that are not pyroglazed. They are dated 1940, 41, and 42 and were made by Chattanooga Glass. The paint is very delicate and will wash off over time. Any thoughts?

SODABOB

Reaction score
Perhaps the following will shed some light on the subject. The snippets are from Rick Sweeney's 2002 third edition ACL book. Speaking of which, I still have about ten (like-new) copies left if anyone is interested in purchasing one for $45.00. Just let me know via a PM if interested.

[2002 Book Cover]

ACL Soda Bottle Book (447x600) (2).jpg

[Contents] [175 pages total] [Over 1,600 bottles listed - 1,200 in full-color]

Acl Book Contents Page (500x438) (2).jpg

[Label Collectors]

ACL Book snippet about label collectors (600x503) (500x419) (2).jpg

[Brief discussion about ACL process]

ACL Process from Sweeney book.jpg

Last edited:

SODABOB

Reaction score
[ Continued from previous page of ACL book ]