Muskoka Lakes swim find JD Brown bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
checked a location near a hotel the other day and found an old bottle hidden in the sand when I was swimming around the docks . you could just see the outline of a bluish coloured bottle and I assumed it must be something old as everytime before when I see that colour in the sand its a really old bottle

although at this specific location I haven't really found many truly old bottles , mostly modern beer bottles and some soda's from the 50's-60's , so it was somewhat of a surprise to actually find a good one

as JD Brown or Brown's beverages ( Gravenhurst ) were the dominate bottler for this area , its pretty common to find there bottles here . although this is only the second time I have found this specific bottle intact . last time I found one was 4 years ago when I found one hidden in the sand in similar conditions in another park on a different lake

I'd assume this bottle was used in the 1900's-1910's era , although not really sure when they stopped using it , its actually not for pop but Spring Water is embossed on the back . it was one of there main products here well before bottled water was popular

20180705_195101.jpgP7080001.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Very nice one! The glass is in great condition as well. Yeah it probably dates to around 1900-1920, maybe a few years on either side. I'd be curious to see a picture of the back, I don't often see bottles like that with back embossing.

RCO

Reaction score
it just says "spring water " ,

there is also some colour variations of this bottle or at least bottles that have the same design on the front that are " clear " and not aqua like this one , not sure if those ones say spring water on the back too or if its just the aqua ones ( but I don't currently have one but have seen them before )

P7180001.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
went back for another swim at this location , only found a couple of bottles in the sand , 2 were just semi modern beer bottles from the 60's or 70's .

also found this bottle , was hidden very deep in the sand , not sure of its exact age or what would of been in it . has no markings at all but around 6 -7 oz in size , almost like a dark olive colour

P7220002.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Looks like you've found yourself a good spot!

RCO

Reaction score
went back to this location , actually found 10 bottles which is a lot for that location but none were especially interesting , a coca cola , 2 browns beverages , Canada dry , up town by pure spring ( broken green bottle ) , small white jar , ketchup bottle , small green bottle and some older beer bottles

not pictured also found a 1977 American quarter , was surprised to find it as I was 8 or 9 feet down at the time and not that close to the docks , have found a number of Canadian quarters lately but odd to find an American one

w.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora