Senior Member Bottle Master

Muskoka Lakes swim find JD Brown bottle

checked a location near a hotel the other day and found an old bottle hidden in the sand when I was swimming around the docks . you could just see the outline of a bluish coloured bottle and I assumed it must be something old as everytime before when I see that colour in the sand its a really old bottle

although at this specific location I haven't really found many truly old bottles , mostly modern beer bottles and some soda's from the 50's-60's , so it was somewhat of a surprise to actually find a good one

as JD Brown or Brown's beverages ( Gravenhurst ) were the dominate bottler for this area , its pretty common to find there bottles here . although this is only the second time I have found this specific bottle intact . last time I found one was 4 years ago when I found one hidden in the sand in similar conditions in another park on a different lake

I'd assume this bottle was used in the 1900's-1910's era , although not really sure when they stopped using it , its actually not for pop but Spring Water is embossed on the back . it was one of there main products here well before bottled water was popular

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180705_195101.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	183592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7080001.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	183593

Nice find..

Very nice one! The glass is in great condition as well. Yeah it probably dates to around 1900-1920, maybe a few years on either side. I'd be curious to see a picture of the back, I don't often see bottles like that with back embossing.

it just says "spring water " ,

there is also some colour variations of this bottle or at least bottles that have the same design on the front that are " clear " and not aqua like this one , not sure if those ones say spring water on the back too or if its just the aqua ones ( but I don't currently have one but have seen them before )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7180001.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	183675