Rare Coca Cola Syrup bottle or something else?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

longbow

Reaction score
I know some of these old Coca Cola syrup bottles can be worth a fortune. The coca cola logo (shape and lettering) on this one traces back to the early 1900's but I cant find any pics of a similar one. I just wonder if its something somebody painted on it after a later date?

Attachments

• coke.jpg
    coke.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 261

iggyworf

Reaction score
Sometimes they are called 'backbar' bottles. I am not sure how to tell fakes of this kind of bottle. If possible show more pics of it. bottom. top , cap ect.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Sometimes they are called 'backbar' bottles. I am not sure how to tell fakes of this kind of bottle. If possible show more pics of it. bottom. top , cap ect.
I'm almost certain the bottle is a real antique. The label, however, is pretty suspect. It looks to me like it should be under glass, and as far as I can tell there is no glass there. My guess is that someone decided to create a fantasy item out of a back bar bottle that's missing its label. I could definitely be wrong though. I'd like to be able to see a close-up of the label.

sandchip

Reaction score
I agree that the bottle looks old, but the label looks more recent. Something about that script doesn't quite fit the somewhat irregular crudity that is to be expected on the early pieces before the days when the logo was more standardized in its appearance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora