Rare Coca Cola Syrup bottle or something else?

I know some of these old Coca Cola syrup bottles can be worth a fortune. The coca cola logo (shape and lettering) on this one traces back to the early 1900's but I cant find any pics of a similar one. I just wonder if its something somebody painted on it after a later date?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails coke.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    Sometimes they are called 'backbar' bottles. I am not sure how to tell fakes of this kind of bottle. If possible show more pics of it. bottom. top , cap ect.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyworf View Post
    Sometimes they are called 'backbar' bottles. I am not sure how to tell fakes of this kind of bottle. If possible show more pics of it. bottom. top , cap ect.
    I'm almost certain the bottle is a real antique. The label, however, is pretty suspect. It looks to me like it should be under glass, and as far as I can tell there is no glass there. My guess is that someone decided to create a fantasy item out of a back bar bottle that's missing its label. I could definitely be wrong though. I'd like to be able to see a close-up of the label.

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    I vote something else.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    I agree that the bottle looks old, but the label looks more recent. Something about that script doesn't quite fit the somewhat irregular crudity that is to be expected on the early pieces before the days when the logo was more standardized in its appearance.