Amber-Yellow Soda Bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Acey1981

Reaction score
I recently went to a yard sale and picked up a few bottles. One that has stumped me is an Amber/Yellow glass bottle, 9 1/2" tall, with an embossed Maltese cross marking on the bottom. I am thinking it is a soda bottle but I don't think the color is right for soda. Their are a few air bubbles in the glass, and the seams on the sides are apparent from the base to the top. I attached a few pictures and am hoping someone has seen something like this and can ID it.

Thanks Bob

Attachments

• IMG_1016.JPG
    IMG_1016.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1017 - Copy (2).JPG
    IMG_1017 - Copy (2).JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_1029 - Copy (2).JPG
    IMG_1029 - Copy (2).JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 219

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Looks to me like a beer bottle, likely from somewhere other than North America. No idea what glass company used a Maltese cross as a logo.

Acey1981

Reaction score
So I am totally perplexed on this bottle. I started looking for European bottle manufacturers and have still come up empty. Also thought based on the guestimated age it might have been a German WW I manufactured soda/beer bottle, that too didn't bear any fruit!

Might have to hit some book stores and libraries to go beyong the Internet searches.

If anyone has an epiphany on who made this bottle I would be greatful.

Thanks, Bob

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
There's a good chance it's not a maker's mark on the bottle. Look at older Pluto Water bottles: they had a devil on the bottom of their bottles, but it isn't a maker's mark.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
It'll be pretty tough to figure out what the mark signifies. It's not necessarily a European bottle either, I've seen South/Central American bottles that look somewhat like that, and really that sort of beer bottle design was used nearly everywhere. Finding the origins of American bottles with only a maker's mark can be quite difficult, and they're some of the most well-documented in the world. It can be nearly impossible for the rest of the world because other places generally don't have anyone who cares enough about this sort of bottle to try to figure out what the marks mean and then publish a book on them.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18