Senior Member Bottle Master Canadacan's Avatar

Kakabeka Falls Bottling?- Ontario

Kakabeka Falls Bottling?...near Thunder Bay, Ont. Not sure if that is correct, any info would be appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KFB 1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	183678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KFB 2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	36.0 KB 
ID:	183679
    Collecting Western Canadian sodas, and USA Orange Crush.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    your correct it is a Kakabeka Falls brewing co bottle , its from Thunder Bay Ontario ( back then it was called Fort William )
    listing in my book says they operated from 1920-1942 , your bottle would likely be from the late 30's -40's , its the only embossed bottle I have seen from this bottler ,

I don't have this bottle even though I have seen it a few times before online ( there was one on ebay this spring when someone put up a number of thunder bay bottles they had got from someone who passed away who had lived there ) although I do have some other bottles from thunder bay

RCO thanks for the info!...I was asking for a friend, the bottle is in Manitoba..lol. Interesting to note that it's almost identical to my Sudbury Brewing & Malting co. bottle with the exception of the center pattern.

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    That's a cool design on that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadacan View Post
    RCO thanks for the info!...I was asking for a friend, the bottle is in Manitoba..lol. Interesting to note that it's almost identical to my Sudbury Brewing & Malting co. bottle with the exception of the center pattern.

in Manitoba , that would make sense as its close to Northwestern Ontario. I think its a fairly common bottle as I've seen it online a few times before , think if you search the site there was a couple other posted a few years back .

it does look similar to the Sudbury Brewing and malting co bottle , think they might of been somehow related or connected .

I don't really have a lot of Thunder Bay bottles but though I'd share this one , got it in a trade a few years back , it was really dirty and have tried to clean it up . its from the Fort William Bottling Works . made by dominion glass with a 1927 date on bottom . I'm not sure how common it is but haven't ever seen another one yet

Name:	P7200003.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	183692

I did not think that bottle design dated back to 1927?...most of mine are 40's and 50's, I do however have one that is dated 1938. I believe there is a SS Coke bottle marked Fort William.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadacan View Post
    I did not think that bottle design dated back to 1927?...most of mine are 40's and 50's, I do however have one that is dated 1938. I believe there is a SS Coke bottle marked Fort William.

most of these dominion bottles have a date of 1927 , at least most of mine do , although its likely it was used in the 30's or later

there is a SS coke from Port Arthur , they appear on ebay every now and then and can go for good money

have seen a SS bottle from Fort William Bottling works , not sure there is a coke though , this bottle was on ebay this spring

Name:	fortwilliambottlingworksNN.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	183696

Ahh yes silly me!...I did mean to say Port Arthur