Kakabeka Falls Bottling?- Ontario

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Kakabeka Falls Bottling?...near Thunder Bay, Ont. Not sure if that is correct, any info would be appreciated!

KFB 1.jpgKFB 2.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
your correct it is a Kakabeka Falls brewing co bottle , its from Thunder Bay Ontario ( back then it was called Fort William )
listing in my book says they operated from 1920-1942 , your bottle would likely be from the late 30's -40's , its the only embossed bottle I have seen from this bottler ,

I don't have this bottle even though I have seen it a few times before online ( there was one on ebay this spring when someone put up a number of thunder bay bottles they had got from someone who passed away who had lived there ) although I do have some other bottles from thunder bay

Canadacan

Reaction score
RCO thanks for the info!...I was asking for a friend, the bottle is in Manitoba..lol. Interesting to note that it's almost identical to my Sudbury Brewing & Malting co. bottle with the exception of the center pattern.

RCO

Reaction score
RCO thanks for the info!...I was asking for a friend, the bottle is in Manitoba..lol. Interesting to note that it's almost identical to my Sudbury Brewing & Malting co. bottle with the exception of the center pattern.

in Manitoba , that would make sense as its close to Northwestern Ontario. I think its a fairly common bottle as I've seen it online a few times before , think if you search the site there was a couple other posted a few years back .

it does look similar to the Sudbury Brewing and malting co bottle , think they might of been somehow related or connected .

I don't really have a lot of Thunder Bay bottles but though I'd share this one , got it in a trade a few years back , it was really dirty and have tried to clean it up . its from the Fort William Bottling Works . made by dominion glass with a 1927 date on bottom . I'm not sure how common it is but haven't ever seen another one yet

Canadacan

Reaction score
I did not think that bottle design dated back to 1927?...most of mine are 40's and 50's, I do however have one that is dated 1938. I believe there is a SS Coke bottle marked Fort William.

RCO

Reaction score
I did not think that bottle design dated back to 1927?...most of mine are 40's and 50's, I do however have one that is dated 1938. I believe there is a SS Coke bottle marked Fort William.

most of these dominion bottles have a date of 1927 , at least most of mine do , although its likely it was used in the 30's or later

there is a SS coke from Port Arthur , they appear on ebay every now and then and can go for good money

have seen a SS bottle from Fort William Bottling works , not sure there is a coke though , this bottle was on ebay this spring

fortwilliambottlingworksNN.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Ahh yes silly me!...I did mean to say Port Arthur:p

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi