Grandfather's bottle collection

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
The Lansing and the Greenville are the two best bottles of that batch. Generally, anything without a name embossed on the side is of little value. Bottles where the seam goes all the way to the top are post 1906 and made in an automatic bottle machine. SOME of the ACL sodas, which are machine made but have the applied colored labels right on the glass, are starting to be collectible. But other than that and some milk bottles that some local collectors like, anything made in an automatic bottle machine (ABM) simply have little or no value. So, the two sodas that I mentioned about are old enough to not be ABM, and have names on them. The amber Lansing is likely to have a bit more value because of color. But I know nothing about rarity for those two. Collectors of sodas/beers from that era are the ones who can tell you if they are worth $10 or $100.

Good luck. It's hard to dive into this hobby the way you have, being handed a whole bunch of stuff with no guidelines how to figure out what is what.

Jim G

Reaction score
Hi Patti, I was wondering if you still had most of your bottles? I haven't been on for a while and just stumbled on to your post and looked at your photos! I'd be interested in the bottles that look about like soda bottles with out the label right on the bottle (applied color labels), that are the light blue color, they have that strong or light blue hue when you hold them up to the light! If you are interested in doing some business, and if you still have most of your bottles to get rid of, please let me know and I'll send you my email and I'll let you pull out what you have and snap a few photos for me, then we can come up with the deal! I'll keep an eye out for your reply! Thanks a bunch!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Looks like I'm late to the Conversation. I know a little bit about some of the Michigan bottles. I'd be Interested in the Lansing Brewing co. bottle & Spa Grand Rapids bottle. Is this post still active or dead? LEON.

Last edited:

Patti McCall

Reaction score
Hi Patti, I was wondering if you still had most of your bottles? I haven't been on for a while and just stumbled on to your post and looked at your photos! I'd be interested in the bottles that look about like soda bottles with out the label right on the bottle (applied color labels), that are the light blue color, they have that strong or light blue hue when you hold them up to the light! If you are interested in doing some business, and if you still have most of your bottles to get rid of, please let me know and I'll send you my email and I'll let you pull out what you have and snap a few photos for me, then we can come up with the deal! I'll keep an eye out for your reply! Thanks a bunch!

I just saw this post. Yes, please do send me your e-mail and I will look for the kind of bottles you're seeking.

Patti McCall

Reaction score
I would be happy to get rid of any bottles I can. Sorry I'm so late in responding. It has been a busy few weeks for me.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Hi Patti, Just sent you a message or PM. Look forward to hearing from you. THANKS, LEON.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger