Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Bottle Master

Mountain Dew no deposit no return bottle uncovered

recently found this bottle when swimming , if you've seen my past posts I have a regular location where I routinely find dozens of 40's-60's era bottles . been there a few times this year but haven't found anything worth posting

but I found this mountain dew no deposit no return the other day and knew there was one but had never found one until now . so not sure how common it is , this version is in French and English so its Canadian . says " ya-hooo " mountain dew and shows a hilly type image .

have found mountain dew bottles here before but always the common 10 oz version that you see all the time and was returnable , never found a no deposit version

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7310001.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	26.9 KB 
ID:	183749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P7310002.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	183750

Nice one! I think I may have seen one of these before, but they certainly aren't common at all.

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    Nice one! According to 'Mountain Dew - Hillbilly Bottles' Dick Bridgeforth, that one is worth about 15$. There are 3 slightly different variations all from 1968. The book lists them as 'common'.

Senior Member Bottle Master Canadacan's Avatar
    Excelent find!...yup a little tough to find, and in demand!
    Collecting Western Canadian sodas, and USA Orange Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyworf View Post
    Nice one! According to 'Mountain Dew - Hillbilly Bottles' Dick Bridgeforth, that one is worth about 15$. There are 3 slightly different variations all from 1968. The book lists them as 'common'.
    this is also a Canadian version if that makes any difference , the 1968 date would seem right as it was found in a hole filled with 50's and 60's era bottles

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    Nice one! I think I may have seen one of these before, but they certainly aren't common at all.
    felt like I had seen one before too but considering I didn't find one in the wild until now , it can't be that common to find . unless you were to run into a 60's/70's era dump and it could be full of no deposits

Member New Bottler
    Ya seems like the Mountain Dew and the Crush International are the harder of the no deposits to come across nice find

Quote Originally Posted by teamballsout View Post
    Ya seems like the Mountain Dew and the Crush International are the harder of the no deposits to come across nice find

I still haven't found a crush international no deposit in the wild , surprised one hasn't popped up yet . although I've seen several for sale around here

but I have found no deposits for - coca cola , pepsi , diet pepsi , Tab , Sprite , 7 Up , Patio , Fresca , Schweppes ,

and always finding no deposit bottles at this location which have no embossing , unsure who used them, maybe a store brand ? also a local which used a no deposit bottle for a short period but had a paper label

Senior Member Bottle Master iggyworf's Avatar
    Here is one on ebay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-EMBOS...ew+bottle.TRS0

There is actually a couple that i seen on ebay.
    Last edited by iggyworf; 08-04-2018 at 12:18 PM.