Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by hemihampton View Post
    Are the Dixies pull tabs or older flat tops that needed a can opener to open. If you find Dixie cone tops you found something good. Curious, let me know. LEON.
    I didnít find this one but this is the kind that I saw a lot out there that were rusted which is why I have bought this one LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    OK, That one is extremely common. maybe worth $1.00 at most. You pretty much need to find that in a cone top if rusty to have any value. LEON.

Member New Bottler

Question about trash pit

I truly believe they have some older stuff underneath the 1899 house to 12 ft from the trash pit thatís on a embankment near the river. The 1807 house they put a shotgun house that attaches to the main house and the new owner believes the privy was where the put the bathroom with a slab over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Truth1253; 08-20-2018 at 12:29 AM.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Got to be some much older goodies on that property, and being near New Orleans, there's no telling what you may find. Two of my best bottles are N.O. bottles. Best of luck!

Senior Member Bottle Master
    if there isn't any sine's of trash a foot or two down below the serf us . then try some were else.

Senior Member Bottle Finder GLASSHOPPER55's Avatar
    Boy would I like to get my metal detector across that yard, lol.
    "Digging Up the Past --- One Bottle at a Time, Since 1969"

Truth, Looking at your pics of this old place, I am familiar with it, (just from passing by and seeing it), and have wanted to look around there for quite some time. I just didn't know who to speak to about it and am not going to just walk into anyones property without permission. I have been digging bottles, digging privies and locating trash dumps for about 40 years and I think I am local to your location. I live up towards Bogalusa, on the North Shore. If you are interested in some help with locating where the original old bottle dump is, I have all of the tools and experience to offer. I am currently digging in several locations both on the north shore and in the city, but I would really love to take the time to help explore this old place. Also, I have metal detecting equipment to aide in the search. Please message me if you think you might be interested in meeting up or talking more about it, and I can give you a couple of good phone numbers; or just meet up with you at Walmart or somewhere. Thanks.

Member New Bottler
    Quote Originally Posted by digem View Post
    Truth, Looking at your pics of this old place, I am familiar with it, (just from passing by and seeing it), and have wanted to look around there for quite some time. I just didn't know who to speak to about it and am not going to just walk into anyones property without permission. I have been digging bottles, digging privies and locating trash dumps for about 40 years and I think I am local to your location. I live up towards Bogalusa, on the North Shore. If you are interested in some help with locating where the original old bottle dump is, I have all of the tools and experience to offer. I am currently digging in several locations both on the north shore and in the city, but I would really love to take the time to help explore this old place. Also, I have metal detecting equipment to aide in the search. Please message me if you think you might be interested in meeting up or talking more about it, and I can give you a couple of good phone numbers; or just meet up with you at Walmart or somewhere. Thanks.
    Did you guys ever meet up? This sounds like it has potential for a win-win situation for both parties for this property and maybe some future searches.