10ft Dig and All By Yourself/What to do?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GRIT

Reaction score
20171209_110839_opt.jpg20171209_110906_opt.jpg20171209_110922_opt.jpg

GRIT

Reaction score
That seventh pic is the area where the gully is. I actually dug more bottles from that area than I have gotten from the deep pit I'm still digging. I have dug out a lot more bottles since taking these pics. I have a good size box with more than a hundred small bottles. Hardly any of these bottles have been cleaned. I have a sample of what I have pulled in the house. Those are the only bottles I have cleaned.

The big tree root in the pit I have since dug out. It was a pain getting out of there!

Try to remember that I am a beginner in all of this so please be patient with me!

GRIT

Reaction score
I carried most of that dirt from the gully with the bottles in it up to where I'm digging the pit out. I still have bucket fulls of dirt that I need to go through. No telling how many more bottles are in those piles of dirt. I have piled up the leftover sand from the pit in another area. I need to go through that with a fine tooth comb.

junkmansitch

Reaction score
That sure is alot of bottles. Based on the pics they look to be from the 1920s thru 1940s. I would say you have a mega dump site on your hands.

GRIT

Reaction score
That sure is alot of bottles. Based on the pics they look to be from the 1920s thru 1940s. I would say you have a mega dump site on your hands.

I think you're spot on with the bottle dating. I may have a few that are a little older according to the bottle dating website, but that could be my inexperience or just plain wishful thinking. I'm hoping the deeper I get the older they'll get. It's just really slow going; especially the deeper I get.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Any embossed sodas or pharmacy bottles?

GRIT

Reaction score
Any embossed sodas or pharmacy bottles?

Hi, nhpharm. Most of the embossed soda bottles I have found were broken. The ones that did survive are more than likely after 1900. I don't know enough about pharmacy bottles to know if I have any or not. Do you have some examples? I assume pharmacy bottles are not the same as medicine bottles?

hemihampton

Reaction score
To me Pharmacy bottles, druggist bottles & Medicines bottles are all the same. I could be wrong though. Here's some examples I have. LEON.MedBottles.jpgMedBottles.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky