Hey guys started to get the addiction itch for these bottles.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Truth1253

Reaction score
I’ve been buying more bottles lately and the wife said go find some....so here I am. I buy local New Orleans hutch bottles etc. I went in the river to get my feet wet (pun intended) with eyeing bottles and found this one. Any idea of age? I know it’s not old old but it’s a start. Thanks for looking.

I think this has the potential into growing into another full blown addiction
09caa56adf00979d015ac85e4be30995.jpg
1075a068f32012fd2748dd3b51bf7ea6.jpg
ec7a026746bf47bd271e460b8c9d2729.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam.w.brymer

Reaction score
Interesting looking bottle! I think it held some type of medicine and the roman numerals meant the volume. Not sure about the weird mark. Maybe it was the glass manufacturer mark. You can search this site. https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks/

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Truth1253

Reaction score
Interesting looking bottle! I think it held some type of medicine and the roman numerals meant the volume. Not sure about the weird mark. Maybe it was the glass manufacturer mark. You can search this site. https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks/

Adam I appreciate it so much. Is there a name for the top of this bottle? I liked it because I’ve never seen one that looked like this one.

Last edited:

RCO

Reaction score
its likely been there for some time but I'd say maybe from the 20's or 30's era but tough to determine without any markings , these sort of bottles are only really collectable if they have names on them or cities

sandchip

Reaction score
The weird 3 looking symbol stands for ounces.

Truth1253

Reaction score
its likely been there for some time but I'd say maybe from the 20's or 30's era but tough to determine without any markings , these sort of bottles are only really collectable if they have names on them or cities

Yeah I’m gonna start moving up in this bottle game. Checking rivers and streams sure is a lot cooler. Should have do this months ago.

adam.w.brymer

Reaction score
Adam I appreciate it so much. Is there a name for the top of this bottle? I liked it because I’ve never seen one that looked like this one.

I have never seen that type top, which is why it was interesting to me. I am assuming it had some type of stopper that used a wire to anchor it down. If the seam goes all the way to the top, it is after 1900. But I would agree that it is from 20's-30's. Probably not worth much because of no embossing and the condition.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Looks like a Kork-n-Seal top to me, or something similar. They were used for medicine on occasion, I've got a cod liver oil bottle with one. Does it fit a standard bottle cap?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu