Beer bottle.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I bought this at an antique shop for $8. On the very bottom of the side, it is embossed "EHE Co." It dates to the 1890s, if I am correct. The only thing that puzzles me is the logo below the neck. I has a "W" and a bird with a shield. It also says trademark. Any thoughts?

DSC_0945.jpg

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
You are correct, that beer bottle is about 1890s. The site glassbottlemarks.com says this:

E.H.E.CO…………..Edward H. Everett Company (operating company of the Newark Star Glass Works), Newark, Ohio (1885-1904). Plant merged in 1904 to become part of the Ohio Bottle Company and in 1905 Ohio Bottle became part of the American Bottle Company. American was purchased by Owens Bottle Company in 1916, and in 1929 this plant became part of the merger that resulted in the formation of Owens-Illinois Glass Company.

Unfortunately, I can't give any information on that company trademark logo. However, I am sure someone else on the forum will reconize it.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I don't know the stamp on the bottle (the bottling company) but I can tell you that it has a Baltimore loop seal blob. If you look inside the blob you'll see a little ridge. A cork was wedged in there and held by foil across the top of the bottle similar to what champagne might have now. If I guessed at the age, I'd say 1900 to 1910.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Oh. It originally contained beer. That is, it is a beer bottle. Oops. I just saw that you had it posted as a beer bottle. You knew that already.

Screwtop

Reaction score
You got it! Thank you so much! Weideman Brewing Company started in 1878 in Cincinnati Ohio. It makes sense to find a bottle like that because I bought it in Morehead Kentucky. Morehead is probably about an hour from Cincinnati. This bottle dates to 1880-1895.

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Your welcome. Misspelled it sorry it is Wiedemann. Think they were still In business until about 20 years ago

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora