Help cleaning

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I'd like to add something too. Try using old toothbrushes that have the more stiff type of bristles. If you can't reach far enough with one, fasten a wooden popsicle stick to it so that you now have a longer handle!

Beshires1

Reaction score
I have been dissolving one of those Cascade Complete pods and soaking most all my bottles clean of practically anything that is stuck on the glass surface.These are the ones that require no rinsing of the dishes before you chunk those dirty dried food stuffs into yer dishwasher. But beware they must have a high caustic content because if you dry yer hands off on yer pants or bath towels... it will eat yer clothes up!. nearly as bad as battery acid!

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Ok....what do the pods look like? Are they the ones that look completely like powder inside, or do they have gel?

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
And, for dried milk of magnesia, a cleaner called "lime away" dissolves it well.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Oh yeah, and try a "magic eraser". One of those foam pad thingys. I use those to get the rusted lid residue off the tops. They do tear, but work well. When they squeek, they are doing the best job.

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Ok. On the pods, do you dissolve them in hot water? Or are you talking about running them through the dishwasher?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi